cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkrelic
Champion Sweeper
Are there any new features to the Helpdesk with LS 7? I am not seeing any documentation on it anywhere.
14 REPLIES 14
El_Compadre
Engaged Sweeper
I would like to bring this back up for discussion as the post has been open for a few years now with little to no progress.

We use Lansweeper for all our ITSM functionality and for the last several years have been extremely satisfied with the asset management and ticketing functionality. For the price we just can't beat it.

Sadly over this same period of time I get the sense that Lansweeper is essentially abandoning the ticketing portion of the tool in favor or more robust scanning and asset management functionality. Some fairly simple concepts like implementing a CAB module or adding more extensive ticketing functionality, like parent/child automation, would help keep this tool competitive with the "big boys".

We have been discussing for close to a year now what do do about the fact that we have basically outgrown Lansweeper and need to move up to something that is a better fit. I wish it were different because I really like this tool, but it is just not growing with us, its actually hindering our growth.
dr_sah
Engaged Sweeper II
maybe is time to move on other help desk software?
dr.sah wrote:
maybe is time to move on other help desk software?

I personally don't use LS Helpdesk, I use it as an asset system as that is what it was originally designed for. We required an ITIL based helpdesk system, so LS wasn't suitable. But for a smaller company, I can see LS being perfect for it.
faccin_a
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,
Is there anything new about this feature?
This "flat" structure makes things complicated
Teebs88
Engaged Sweeper II
faccin_a wrote:
Hi,
Is there anything new about this feature?
This "flat" structure makes things complicated

They haven't mentioned anything about this feature since they were talking about the v6 releases, before the new development cycle structure started. I'm not expecting us to get this feature any time soon - we're starting to look for alternatives since Lansweeper is missing basic service desk features like this and CAB's.
faccin_a
Engaged Sweeper II
The subticket concept ( linked/parent-child as we want to call it) is very important for those of us who control complex projects.

Now we modify the titles to facilitate searches ... Let's say it's not the best with hundreds of tickets open.
I control every release note in the hope of finding it.
faccin_a wrote:
The subticket concept ( linked/parent-child as we want to call it) is very important for those of us who control complex projects.

Now we modify the titles to facilitate searches ... Let's say it's not the best with hundreds of tickets open.

Not a true linked system, but if you type something like: "See child ticket #12345" in ticket #54321, it'll create a link to ticket in #12345 in the notes field of the existing ticket.

You'd have to do the same to go back to "See parent ticket #54321" in ticket #12345, not elegant, but it works.
harringg wrote:
faccin_a wrote:

Not a true linked system, but if you type something like: "See child ticket #12345" in ticket #54321, it'll create a link to ticket in #12345 in the notes field of the existing ticket.

You'd have to do the same to go back to "See parent ticket #54321" in ticket #12345, not elegant, but it works.

Great tip, but its a shame that this simple feature isn't added yet.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Those references are unfortunately outdated and were based on information available at the time. At the time, the plan was to continue version numbering with 6. Which is why you see the references to 6.1 and 6.2.

Along with the development cycle, the version numbering was also revised. Lansweeper 7 kind of marks the beginning of both of these as we're now on a spring and fall release schedule. The features included in Lansweeper 7 were just some of the features that were are the top of the list.

I can't really say what will be in the spring release, as the development process of that update is only just starting. Generally speaking the highest requested features tend to get development priority.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now