cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDobbsy1987
Engaged Sweeper III
It would be nice to be able monitor assets to ensure they are up at all times, when they are no longer reachable send an alert.

As Lansweeper already knows and has a list of everything on the network it would be good to create alerting rules that when trigger let you know something is wrong.

Like Nagios

Cheers,
Jamie
20 REPLIES 20
jhartley
Engaged Sweeper II
Plus 1 for this.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
As you know, Lansweeper is not a true monitoring software. The feature to start monitoring items has indeed been requested for a long time. Features on the customer wish list get development prioritization based on a combination of customer demand and difficulty to implement. While this feature has indeed been requested often, creating a monitoring module for Lansweeper would cost significant development resources and is not something we plan on adding in the near future.

As of right now you have the following options to monitor the status of assets and receive alerts about it:
  • You can create a custom report which shows assets where the Last tried is not equal to the Last seen and the Last Tried is in the past week,day or hour. This can be combined with a scheduled report alert. As soon as the report has content, the next time the report alert is triggered you will be notified. More information about alerts can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/113/sending-email-alerts.html

To reduce the impact on your systems, you can configure how often Lansweeper scans Windows items. More information can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/115/managing-how-often-specific-data-is-scanned.html

• Alternatively, you can use event log alerts, which can be triggered on any scanned event for that computer. You can use one of the event log scanning targets to scan you assets often for new event log items.
laurentiun
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,

Could you please post this report for "custom report which shows assets where the Last tried is not equal to the Last seen and the Last Tried is in the past week,day or hour"?

THank you.
mhammond
Champion Sweeper
Esben.D wrote:
As you know, Lansweeper is not a true monitoring software. The feature to start monitoring items has indeed been requested for a long time. Features on the customer wish list get development prioritization based on a combination of customer demand and difficulty to implement. While this feature has indeed been requested often, creating a monitoring module for Lansweeper would cost significant development resources and is not something we plan on adding in the near future.

As of right now you have the following options to monitor the status of assets and receive alerts about it:
  • You can create a custom report which shows assets where the Last tried is not equal to the Last seen and the Last Tried is in the past week,day or hour. This can be combined with a scheduled report alert. As soon as the report has content, the next time the report alert is triggered you will be notified. More information about alerts can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/113/sending-email-alerts.html

To reduce the impact on your systems, you can configure how often Lansweeper scans Windows items. More information can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/115/managing-how-often-specific-data-is-scanned.html

• Alternatively, you can use event log alerts, which can be triggered on any scanned event for that computer. You can use one of the event log scanning targets to scan you assets often for new event log items.

I'm throwing my +1 in as well. Not sure which side is 'confirmed' as not cost-effective, but on the consumer side, I feel the option for a module and the willingness to pay for it if necessary would far out-weigh the cost-effectiveness of development.

Personally and professionally, it would be nice to 'keep it in the family' as far as functionality, without having to continuously rely on so many software titles to do different things:
• though we don't use it, the implementation of a Help Desk, instead of relying on different software
• the Enterprise options for deploying and maintaning LS scanning servers - instead of manipulating 3rd party
software to sync up information properly
• plus many more!

There have been too many "cost-effective" upgrades to LS to NOT implement a module
JDobbsy1987
Engaged Sweeper III
After nearly 3 years im a little disappointed to have not had any official reply from Lansweeper on this given it's popularity.

I have emailed support specifically requesting a response to see what their intentions are regarding this.

Hopefully it's something they will implement.
Simon_Pretty
Engaged Sweeper II
Very much a vote from me for this feature too..... a simple monitoring failure notification against a ping test would do for now.
TCI
Engaged Sweeper II
So 3 years have passed and it seems like this functionality is still not implemented despite the large amount of request for it. It's a bit sad I think since all the components and functionality are available to make this possible.

JDobbsy1987
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm looking to get some feedback from Lansweeper about this, just wondering if any consideration has been put into a Real Time monitoring addition?

Is this something you are considering to implement?

Cheers,
Jamie
SMWO
Engaged Sweeper II
+1