cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
We received notice of an interesting blog post by Ethan the Kiwi on how to use a Powershell Script to automatically migrate Spiceworks Tickets to the Lansweeper helpdesk. After a first version to migrate Spiceworks tickets using ODBC, Excel, and manual labor he has now cooked up a fully automated version! The blog article features a step-by-step tutorial, so you can easily follow along, but do keep in mind that this is not an official Lansweeper procedure.

Go to the blogpost

A special thanks to Ethan the Kiwi for sharing his work. I'm sure many other people will find this very useful.
1 REPLY 1
dhoward
Engaged Sweeper III
Please note that the above procedure does not preserve the privacy of ticket notes; after the import process is complete, all internal notes become public comments, viewable by the user(s).

If you are interested in preserving the privacy of your comments, please feel free to email me at dhoward@ci.eureka.ca.gov and I will give you a quick run down of the changes to the process.

Later on, after my own organization's migration is finalized, I'll be submitting feedback to Mr. Kiwi on how to improve his process, which was invaluable in preparing my own helpdesk for migration.