cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevce_brazeau
Engaged Sweeper II
Good Morning,
I'd like to be able to have LanSweeper prompt for alternate credentials when running an Asset action. We'd like to login to LanSweeper using our regular user accounts (which have limited permissions on our domain, and certainly don't have admin rights on PCs) but when an asset action is executed, prompt to enter the username and password of our admin accounts.

Is anyone doing that currently? If so, could you share your solution?
4 REPLIES 4
Socal_s197
Engaged Sweeper
I know this reply is late but you can install the shellrunas sys internal tool into your \system 32 folder and then add shellrunas infront of your action. example we use this command to auto launch dameware and prompt for and use your admin credentials to connect with.

shellrunas "C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\DameWare Remote Support\DWRCC.exe" -c: -h: -m:{computer} -a:1
scarsysadmin
Engaged Sweeper III
Depending on the task, you could use Powershell "start-process" with the -credential parameter or use ShellRunAs.
stevce_brazeau
Engaged Sweeper II
Not yet.
llondono20
Engaged Sweeper
Have you been able to find a solution to this, I am in the same boat right now. So far I have this runas / {userdomain}:\admin.{username} but this runs the action as the last user of the PC.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now