cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob-CD
Engaged Sweeper II
Good Morning,

Please would I be able to ask how I best report on the different Dynamic Asset Groups?

I want to be able to initially pull a basic report on each to be shown on a custom dashboard to be built.

Many thanks,
Rob

5 REPLIES 5
Rob-CD
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks for the additional information.

I've managed initially to get the basic report working that I wanted to, by working out the 2x new custom Asset States I'd created were number '10' and '11', so I just needed to in each report change the number in the below line:

Where tblAssetCustom.State = 2

I'd found an old question on here, where someone had stated what numbers related to each pre-built in asset state and from that could work out any new ones created started from 10 upwards.

I have also saved a report template to bring up the asset state valves as you've provided.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,
Rob
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
If you want to see a list of the states and the values representing them, run a list of the contents of tblState.
SELECT *
FROM tblstate

If you want to include the state names on your reports (and filter on the names rather than the values representing them), add tblState to your report and add tblState.Statename to your column selection.
Rob-CD
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks for that information.

I thought it would be possible, as I've already using the below report scripts been able to pull basic reports out on assets with the dynamic state 'Active', and assets with the dynamic state 'Non-active'.

Active:

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Where tblAssetCustom.State = 1

Non-active:

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Where tblAssetCustom.State = 2

Where all I've changed is the number within the line 'Where tblAssetCustom.State = Number'. With 1 being for Active assets and 2 being for Non-Active assets. I'd assumed any other dynamic groups would also have a number but that doesn't seem to work for 2x other dynamic asset groups I've setup called 'Recycled' and 'Returned to Supplier'.

Looking at the options with the 'Assets' tab in Lansweeper I've also noticed the sub header of 'Asset States'.

Would anyone know if you can report off 'Asset States' if there is no way to report from dynamic groups so well?

Thanks,
Rob
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
According to a message in this thread from 2015, reporting on dynamic groups is not possible.

Using Dynamic Asset groups for reports is not possible. In fact, through custom reports you can do everything what you can do with dynamic asset groups (plus much more).
Rob-CD
Engaged Sweeper II
Good Morning Everyone,

Please would I be able to reach out again if anyone is able to offer any assistance on my query?

Specifically I'm needing to report on which assets are 'Active' and which aren't. And build a dashboard around it. I've already got a data report widget working for 'Active' and 'Non-Active' assets, but I also want to have similar working widgets for 2 other custom status' I've setup. It's these 2 new custom status' I'm not sure where in the report builder where I would need to add the relevant piece of script to create a report for each of these.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Rob