cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juha_Otava
Engaged Sweeper III
From KB
The executable adds the Lansweeper extension for Firefox to the Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\browser\extensions or Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\browser\extensions directory on your computer.

My problem is Firefox extension doesn't get installed anywhere. No error messages, nothing. So I don't have anything to enable in Firefox extensions settings.

Now what?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
steveb
Champion Sweeper
I had the same issue and had to reinstall firefox to fix it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MineSweeper
Engaged Sweeper

I had the same problem and was also running Firefox ESR. After installing the normal version everything worked.
I'm pretty sure if I copy the extension file, reinstall ESR and manually add the extension file it should also work.

CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
I use a portable version of FireFox Nightly, as such for the extension to work I had to modify this key.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\NativeMessagingHosts\com.lansweeper.lansweepershellexecFF]
@="C:\\_Portables\\Firefox.Nightly\\App\\Firefox64\\browser\\extensions\\Lansweeper\\com.lansweeper.lansweepershellexecFF.json"

steveb
Champion Sweeper
Argon0
Champion Sweeper
steveb wrote:

Not sure this is a solution, more a work around.. Why does this happen, is it a fault of Firefox, or of LanSweeper?

Juha_Otava
Engaged Sweeper III
steveb wrote:

That solved my problem, though I think I already did that once earlier. I've been using Firefox ESR, but now installed "normal" version and everything works. Still can't say if it is ESR specific problem or not. Thanks!