cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian_Prentice
Champion Sweeper
Hi folks,

We , probably like a lot of other people have a fully could hosted office 365 email set up. in order to configure Lansweeper with office 365 emails, it connects using SMTP Auth via smtp.office365.com TLS1. or TLS 1.1.

Microsoft have announced that this method of email authentication is being deprecated and will soon be removed.

Is there an alternative way to configure office 365 email authentication in Lansweeper to ensure we don't suffer a loss in production when MS turn this off?

Thanks!
Ian
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You can change the email settings in the configuration. You can either use EWS, IMAP or POP3.

For TLS, you can disable it on the server directly. There are no TLS settings within Lansweeper.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It should work with only TLS 1.2 enabled. It might be worth giving it a try and disabling TLS 1.0 and 1.1.
Esben.D wrote:
It should work with only TLS 1.2 enabled. It might be worth giving it a try and disabling TLS 1.0 and 1.1.

Thanks for that. Where do I disable TLS 1.0 and 1.1 on Lansweeper?

Office 365 gives me the option to block all authentication protocols that don't support MFA, such as IMAP, POP and SMTP, but Lansweeper is using SMTP, so I'm not sure how I would go about this.