cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrdaytrade
Engaged Sweeper III
Here's a script that can be run to popup a window where you can enter the computer name to have the monitor serial number and model pulled up. I tried to get it to populate the computer name automaticaly but I couldnt figure it out. It starts with the local pc name in the box... but it works. If anyone can get it to work with the remote computer name than that would be great.

Edit: Monitor serial number scanning is now available in Lansweeper 4.0 download from here

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dprzybycien wrote:
This is an amazing script! However, after poking around in the code, it seems that we should be able to batch this out, to say poll every computer on the domain, and then have it compile a CSV with all the monitor info for each Host. I cannot figure out for the life of me the proper way command line arguments to make this work. Any and all help would be greatly apprecaited!

Thanks!
-Drew

Monitor serial number is in the latest version of Lansweeper, you can download it from http://www.lansweeper.com/download.aspx

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
mrdaytrade
Engaged Sweeper III
Just to point out, if you use the {computer} tag and the user has two monitors, you will get a popup for each monitor. Without the {computer} tag both monitors will be displayed as Monitor A and Monitor B in a single popup box. I've attached a gif I use for the action screen.
ccdesktop
Champion Sweeper
I notice when you run this locally and manually specify the computer name the message box also adds the text:

Model: Dell 1707fp
Serial: abc938381xyz
Manufacture Date: 6/2004

etc etc.

However when you run it as a customer action you just get a message box with the data and no fields so:

PCNAME, Dell 1707fpp, abc938381xyz, 6/2004

Is there any way to keep the fields so it make a bit more sense?

Dov
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks Cobra! That did the trick.
Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
Thought I could get my post edited before you saw it, dang

But what I said above works just fine, except for you it would be:
\\vm-sweeper\ls-tools\MonitorInfo\MonitorInfo.vbs {computer}
Dov
Engaged Sweeper III
It's pretty straight forward (or what I would _think_ is straight forward ..):
cscript \\vm-sweeper\ls-tools\MonitorInfo\MonitorInfo.vbs {computer}
Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
Dov, just use:
\\server\share\monitorinfo.vbs {computer}

This works just fine.
Dov
Engaged Sweeper III
Very neat script! Quick question: I added it to Custom action and the script gets called up, but it opens up in a DOS prompt and closes immediately; is there a way display it in the GUI, or as a pop-up the same as when you run the script without the computer name?
Again, very neat and useful, kudos!
Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
Neat little script, just added it to my custom actions and it works fine.

I would like to note that you can only have 1 open at a time otherwise you get an error.

Good job and thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Didn't test it but it should work with:

cscript \\server\folder\monitorinfo.vbs {computer}
BullGates wrote:
Didn't test it but it should work with:

cscript \\server\folder\monitorinfo.vbs {computer}

Is there a way to make this method display the same as manually entering the computer name?
Very nice and helpful script by the way.