Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benjgreg
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,
I found this article in the KB:
https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/hiding-the-helpdesk-menu/
And after changing that setting, the helpdesk tab did disappear, but only for users with permission to view assets and above(asset managers, administrators). Base level users when visiting the site still have the ability to submit tickets and view tickets they have submitted.

After it failed to remove the option I did also try both clearing my browser cache and restarting the lansweeper and IS Express services, but to no avail.

Has anyone else come across this or have any suggestions on what I'm missing?

edit: v. 7.0.110.2
8 REPLIES 8
FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support
We apologize for this. Although there are indeed a few similar requests for this, it is for the moment not very high on the priority list. We can't guarantee for now if and when this could be implemented.
Maveritsch
Engaged Sweeper
Same over here .. we would like to use the Knowledgebase and News without the Ticket System.
Evgenii_Kazantc
Engaged Sweeper II
Good day!
Please tell me if you are planning to make it possible to disable the "Helpdesk" function and the "My tickets" for simple users? I would like to use only the Knowledge Base and News.
Thank you in advance.
ahagobian
Engaged Sweeper
I am trying to to same thing, I just need the news and KBs.
Is there any way to make this happen?
Altrove
Engaged Sweeper
bump

...is not possible to disable only Helpdesk Ticket?
Benjgreg
Engaged Sweeper
I may have worded it poorly, but what I am trying to do is use the news page and knowledge base without the ticketing system. I would think that hiding the helpdesk menu should hide it everywhere?

edit: attached is a picture of what a regular user would see. We would want to hide the 'Helpdesk' and 'My Tickets' sections, while still allowing them to see the knowledgebase and news sections.
cbradbury
Engaged Sweeper II
"If your company has no immediate need for a help desk, it is possible to hide this menu."

I always understood it as 'if you don't use the helpdesk, you can hide the menu option' not that you can hide the option if you use it.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
cbradbury wrote:
"If your company has no immediate need for a help desk, it is possible to hide this menu."

I always understood it as 'if you don't use the helpdesk, you can hide the menu option' not that you can hide the option if you use it.

Correct. It's designed to hide the option, not to disable the functionality. If you do not want people submitting tickets you'll have to remove their access to Lansweeper. You can find more info on that here: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/restricting-access-to-the-web-console/