cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mick_Montgomery
Engaged Sweeper
I am migrating our helpdesk service from Spiceworks to Lansweeper. One feature we use all the time in Spiceworks is the auto assignment of a ticket to the first agent who responds to the ticket via email.

In Lansweeper I have enabled the auto assign feature and the "auto assign ticket to agent adding first note". When testing this the ticket does not automatically assign to the agent when the agent responds via email. I can confirm in the ticket conversation that the email response is received as the first public note.

I read on one of the forum postings regarding auto response emails that the public note will only trigger automated responses if it is entered via the webconsole. Email responses while added as public notes do not trigger actions for auto response.

Is this true and the root of my issue where auto assignment will not work when the agent replies via email and that reply is the first public note? If so, how do I overcome this? Can I add some sort of filter rules/actions to enable the auto assignment ability?
13 REPLIES 13
adamentally
Engaged Sweeper II
jkrelic wrote:
Going off of this post: https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst16258_Help-Desk-No-Longer-Receiving-Feature-Updates.aspx#post54705

It looks as though we are looking elsewhere for a Helpdesk solution. The unfortunate part about this is that LS is vastly superior for what we use outside of the Helpdesk portion of it to everything else we've looked at. Spiceworks' Helpdesk has spoiled us. If only SW and LS had a love child...

What did you end up going with? I am noticing some weird shortcomings with LS's helpdesk solution and want to check out other systems.
adamentally wrote:
jkrelic wrote:
Going off of this post: https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst16258_Help-Desk-No-Longer-Receiving-Feature-Updates.aspx#post54705

It looks as though we are looking elsewhere for a Helpdesk solution. The unfortunate part about this is that LS is vastly superior for what we use outside of the Helpdesk portion of it to everything else we've looked at. Spiceworks' Helpdesk has spoiled us. If only SW and LS had a love child...

What did you end up going with? I am noticing some weird shortcomings with LS's helpdesk solution and want to check out other systems.

We are powering through this shortcoming via VPN to the server directly so we can just accept the ticket from our phone or laptop. It's cumbersome but it is working.

jkrelic
Champion Sweeper
This has been our biggest request since moving from Spiceworks last year. And this will be the deciding factor if we renew this year or not.

It is super time consuming to have to log into a workstation and physically click the Pick Up button to assign it to yourself, or another agent. What makes matters worse is if you are in the field and reply once to the ticket, it doesn't assign it to you, but when a user replies to that ticket, you do not see any of the replies they have. So the next time you log into LS, that ticket may have 2-5 updates from the user.
jkrelic wrote:
This has been our biggest request since moving from Spiceworks last year. And this will be the deciding factor if we renew this year or not.

It is super time consuming to have to log into a workstation and physically click the Pick Up button to assign it to yourself, or another agent. What makes matters worse is if you are in the field and reply once to the ticket, it doesn't assign it to you, but when a user replies to that ticket, you do not see any of the replies they have. So the next time you log into LS, that ticket may have 2-5 updates from the user.

Thanks for the info, we have the same challenge where staff use the spiceworks mobile app our reply by email. We can live with out the App but without the email assignment feature LS helpdesk may have to wait. Very unfortunate as the rest of LS rocks and I want to tie tickets/users/assets all together.