cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ed
Engaged Sweeper III
I know there are a few things people have asked about many times on the forums that has not really been answered except for "thats on the wishlist and we have no idea on when this will be done".

Scanning Android, iPads, and Chromebooks; this seems to be a highly requested feature. I understand due to the way these devices are locked down the only potential solution would be some form of app that would send the data to the server. Has this been added to your roadmap and is it something that has been looked into? It just seems this has just been thrown on the back burner for a while (years judging by the posts here) with no real decision made (a simple yes this is doable or no we can't do anything about that). Could we get some kind of answer to this question, I really like LanSweeper, but if this functionality is something that is not even being worked on I feel like my company may need to look at other products due to the number of those devices on our network.

My second question is more of a general question as to where your product is going. Do you guys have a road map of things you are working on that can be shared? Nothing in depth, just more of a we are looking at these features in the upcoming months/year.

Thanks for your time.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Thank you for showing such great interest in the future of our product. Just to provide some context first though, we have over 20,000 customers and have received thousands of feature requests. As such we do have to make choices on which features to focus on, which features would benefit the average customer the most. We track all requested features and gather metrics regarding them, which aids us in multiple ways, but the two main ones are:

• The determination of which feature to focus on.
  • The gathering of use cases, i.e. how to best implement these features
That said, mobile device (iOS, Android) and Chromebook scanning are both features that are currently undergoing analysis in how they should be best implemented and they are candidates for being incorporated in our future development cycles.

Regarding the direction of the Lansweeper software in general, our current main focus is the core strength of our software, which is inventory. Our next major feature release will introduce several improvements to our scanning engine, which will allow it to discover new asset types and more information regarding existing asset types. We'll also still be introducing new help desk features, though our main focus will be on inventory.

We will be sending out official communication regarding major feature releases in the not too distant future.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Thank you for showing such great interest in the future of our product. Just to provide some context first though, we have over 20,000 customers and have received thousands of feature requests. As such we do have to make choices on which features to focus on, which features would benefit the average customer the most. We track all requested features and gather metrics regarding them, which aids us in multiple ways, but the two main ones are:

• The determination of which feature to focus on.
  • The gathering of use cases, i.e. how to best implement these features
That said, mobile device (iOS, Android) and Chromebook scanning are both features that are currently undergoing analysis in how they should be best implemented and they are candidates for being incorporated in our future development cycles.

Regarding the direction of the Lansweeper software in general, our current main focus is the core strength of our software, which is inventory. Our next major feature release will introduce several improvements to our scanning engine, which will allow it to discover new asset types and more information regarding existing asset types. We'll also still be introducing new help desk features, though our main focus will be on inventory.

We will be sending out official communication regarding major feature releases in the not too distant future.