cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II

EDI Notepad setup is compiled using InstallShield v7.0 and doesn't support unattended install. Also the package from vendor has 2 versions (Pro - paid & Express - Free) which you have to chose during setup which is not good way to use for mass deployment. One was is to record installshield install script which is what I have done here for you.

1. Download the software from EDI Notepad 8.x from CNET Download so you don't have to register just to get link from Liaison site. (EDI Package has pro and express version)

2. unpack the self extracting setup using "EDI_Notepad8_setup.exe /extract_all:C:\tempdir" to get all setup files. Include the attached .ISS files for installation and uninstallation.

3. to simplify copying all these files onto local pc, create self extracting package that will extract all these files into deployment directory locally onto target PC. (I use winrar or zip sfx and put them in C:\deployed\software\EDI_Notepad)

4. the setup will run from the local directory and use install.iss to apply pre-recorder clicks and selections making setup totally silent.

enjoy..

3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
No problem. FYI to anyone trying to use the package, double check all the names and locations of the files are correct.
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
Agree.. i forgot to put 1 step.. to extract it.. i can update it..

realized after i uploaded..
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Nice package. for people struggling with creating the self extracting setup, I created it and you can download it from google drive here: https://goo.gl/7kQKUy

The package would be even better if it extracted the files itself. Right now you need to extract the files on the target asset manually and then run the deployment.