cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diego_Tomazzoni
Engaged Sweeper III

Hi!
I need to remove TrendMicro IDF Client from all computers.
Manually I just run this command "rundll32 "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\IDF Client\IdfClientAgent.dll",Uninstall" for 32-bit computers and this command "rundll32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\IDF Client\IdfClientAgent.dll",Uninstall" for 64-bit computers.
I did a deploy package (attached here) but don't have success. When I try to deploy it's reached for timeout.
Is correct run this command directly?
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
In general, a command that runs successfully in Command Prompt should run successfully in a deployment package as well. My first guess would be that this is a permissions issue and that you should try running the deployment package under a different account. (Available options are system account, scanning credential and currently logged on user.)

It's difficult to know the exact cause of the issue though. A timeout is a generic error that indicates your package did not finish within the time you defined as the Max Duration for the deployment package. This can happen because:
  • There was no Stop(Success) and no Stop(Failure) defined as the next action in the last step of the package. (That doesn't appear to be the issue here.)
  • The execution of the steps took longer than the Max Duration defined for the package. You can increase the Max Duration when you select the package under Deployment\Packages.
  • User interaction was required during the package execution, e.g. the user was required to confirm a dialog or close an application.
  • The computer froze or started rebooting before giving back a result for the last package step.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Diego_Tomazzoni
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks Susan, I'll try more options. If I find the reason I will post here.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
In general, a command that runs successfully in Command Prompt should run successfully in a deployment package as well. My first guess would be that this is a permissions issue and that you should try running the deployment package under a different account. (Available options are system account, scanning credential and currently logged on user.)

It's difficult to know the exact cause of the issue though. A timeout is a generic error that indicates your package did not finish within the time you defined as the Max Duration for the deployment package. This can happen because:
  • There was no Stop(Success) and no Stop(Failure) defined as the next action in the last step of the package. (That doesn't appear to be the issue here.)
  • The execution of the steps took longer than the Max Duration defined for the package. You can increase the Max Duration when you select the package under Deployment\Packages.
  • User interaction was required during the package execution, e.g. the user was required to confirm a dialog or close an application.
  • The computer froze or started rebooting before giving back a result for the last package step.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now