cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni

Check for existing installation and if not found, install IE 11 32-bit or 64-bit version

PackageShare Path (32bit): "{Packageshare}\installers\IE11\IE11-Windows6.1-x86-en-us.exe"
PackageShare Path (64bit): "{Packageshare}\installers\IE11\IE11-Windows6.1-x64-en-us.exe"

Offline installer packages can be downloaded on the Microsoft download page.

Note: This installer will automatically reboot the client computers after running the installer.

5 REPLIES 5
BrianM
Engaged Sweeper III
we have an application that will not work on IE11, these few machines must be on IE10. It is one application (PACSScan) and all have attached scanners. Is there a way to tell it to skip those few machines? Or is there a way to enter the specific PC's to not do the IE11 update?
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
BrianM wrote:
we have an application that will not work on IE11, these few machines must be on IE10. It is one application (PACSScan) and all have attached scanners. Is there a way to tell it to skip those few machines? Or is there a way to enter the specific PC's to not do the IE11 update?

You can select the machines to be deployed on when running the package under Deployment\Packages. You can also run the deployment on a report listing machines without the application installed. A sample report can be found here.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This package indeed won't install hotfixes which are required as pre-requisite as described on this page.

It is possible to automatically install a list of hotfixes using a script. However, we tested this only on our own network and wouldn't post that script here at the moment.
spallison
Engaged Sweeper III
I could only get this to work also by removing the /update-no, but I get a timeout error and thus no result, did you decrease the 20 minutes to 15?

edit: it works! 15 mins if you remove the /update-no switch
HammettMike
Engaged Sweeper III
I had to remove the /update-no to get this to actually work. Chances are, if you don't have the latest IE, you're probably not up to date on the prerequisites either.

FYI: This same thing works for IE10 as well, as long as you change out the file names.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now