cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I am building something like a service to build a report and include something like the cost center os the users so the keyusers have a list of computers where they do not reboot the system for more than X time. The service connects to the Lansweeper database, then cycle through the hostnames - if they are online, it will check the uptime and the logged in user and output it to an html report. This will be available on the intranet for the keyusers so they can educate the users. This is speccially usefull for laptop users since they "abuse" of hibernate and the hotfixes do not get applied as they should.
The report will update itself once a day. Maybe this can be usefull to other users as well, or maybe included on the Lansweeper service, what do you think?
5 REPLIES 5
fritter
Engaged Sweeper
Couldn't find that column so I'm assuming it's been replaced in future versions.

Anyway, managed to get this working using the column definition from here:

http://dotfret.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/lansweeper-add-uptime-to-your-hardware.html

Not the best for sorting (it's a text column) but definitely useful to see uptime from our hardware servers report.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, the point of making this tool is exactly what wgknowles describes.
wgknowles
Engaged Sweeper II
LastBootUpTime is the Date and time the operating system was last restarted.
This does not equate to Uptime. (It doesn't consider when the computer was turned off)
If you subtract the date and time the scan collected this information from the value collected, that would provide a snapshot of the uptime for that reboot cycle, but getting a list of problem users would be difficult via this method.

I've yet to find an elegant way to accurately report historical uptime values.
Accurate information exists in the event logs, but parsing it out proves difficult.
The uptime.exe utility does a pretty good job of extracting this information, but it would be nice to create a report that could be presented in the LanSweeper web GUI for this.
Anonymous
Not applicable
wgknowles wrote:
LastBootUpTime is the Date and time the operating system was last restarted.
I've yet to find an elegant way to accurately report historical uptime values.
Accurate information exists in the event logs, but parsing it out proves difficult.
The uptime.exe utility does a pretty good job of extracting this information, but it would be nice to create a report that could be presented in the LanSweeper web GUI for this.

Well I can do that with my tool, but it is too much customized to post it here, since I interact with several information such as costcenters of allocated users. I can also easily insert the uptime value on a Custom field and use it in a report for the web GUI. I do all this with AutoIt, I can post some examples of the functions I use, I'm building an Excel file with the following information:
Hostname|CostCenter|Allocated user|Uptime|Last user logged in.

I've basically created a console application that gets all hostnames from LS database, then pings it, if success then check uptime reading LastBootUpTime value using WMI. If uptime>7 days then it will scan the last user logged in, and resolve the username to DisplayName also from LS database, and get the Costcenter also from LS database. This utility runs once a day and the report is available for the responsibles of the department for that cost center.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can already do this using the field : LastBootUpTime in tbloperatingsystem