cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Technut27
Champion Sweeper
Does anyone use a cheap or better yet free performance monitoring tool? I have a need to monitor about a dozen machines during an event to help identify bottlenecks but I'm having trouble finding a tool to do it. Ideally not something overly complex, this is a one time need.

Or does anyone know of a good tutorial for Performance Monitor? That can record the info I want to watch, cpu, memory, disk latency, network utilization, etc... but configuring it for remote machines seems harder than it needs to be. That and I would like to avoid setting up collector sets on 12 separate machines then have to deal with a bunch of separate reports.
2 REPLIES 2
rfn
Engaged Sweeper
We use PRTG Network Monitor. Very detailed monitoring but may be overkill for your needs?
ssleeper
Engaged Sweeper II
I've used ControlUp a little bit. From my limited use I haven't had any issues with it and its free for up to 50 sessions (computers) and 1 user.

It is a 0 install agent based model so as long as you have admin rights on the destination it just pushes a fairly small program to run and gather info to report back. Shut down the connection and the application stops running.

Worth looking into for what you have described you need.

ControlUp

**NOT AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM WITH THIS COMPANY AND HAVE NO INTEREST FINANCIAL, PERSOAL OR EMOTIONAL WITH SMARTX OR ITS AFFILIATES**