cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bd
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm having this problem on a Windows 2003 server. This box scanned fine at first and now it won't, nothing has changed as far as I know. See attached screenshot.

It does not have any firewalls on it. It has a great connection to the LAN, the Lansweeper server sits right next to it, plugged into the same switch. I've rebuilt WMI, tested WMI (tests fine, says it's good). DCom looks fine, i've tested and done everything in the knowlegebase. Need help before I go insane!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bd
Engaged Sweeper III
Might be on to something. I removed Symantec Endpoint from another server because it wasn’t getting updates and it seemed to be conflicting with Citrix. After the uninstall, I triggered a Lansweeper scan on this other server and received the same errors that the orgininal server is receiving. So something with the removal of Symantec Endpoint is the culprit. Don't know if that helps at all.

I'll try to arrange a remote session before emailing, the server is not administered by me.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Can't see anything special except symantec.
bd
Engaged Sweeper III
Here you go, need to rename to .run
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Runscanner was updated meanwhile, could you send a scan with the latest version.
bd
Engaged Sweeper III
Might be on to something. I removed Symantec Endpoint from another server because it wasn’t getting updates and it seemed to be conflicting with Citrix. After the uninstall, I triggered a Lansweeper scan on this other server and received the same errors that the orgininal server is receiving. So something with the removal of Symantec Endpoint is the culprit. Don't know if that helps at all.

I'll try to arrange a remote session before emailing, the server is not administered by me.
bd
Engaged Sweeper III
I really don't know, but I doubt it, we have other virtuals on the same server that are setup the same and they have no issues scanning. Is it possible this could be related to DCOM issues? I've seen some DCOM errors in the system logs.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bd wrote:
I really don't know, but I doubt it, we have other virtuals on the same server that are setup the same and they have no issues scanning. Is it possible this could be related to DCOM issues? I've seen some DCOM errors in the system logs.

please contact us by e-mail so we can take a look at the server.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Can't see anything special.
Could it be some sort of packet filtering on the XEN server?
bd
Engaged Sweeper III
Here's the log
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you try the WMidiag tool from Microsoft.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d7ba3cd6-18d1-4d05-b11e-4c64192ae97d&displaylang=en

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now