cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PierreM
Engaged Sweeper III
I have 2 conference room pcs that are running Win XP Pro SP3 but they behave differently. Both running ultravnc v1.02.

PC #1
=====
When I do VNC from the "Action screen", it launches my local VNCviewer and connects to the PC.
When I do Remote control from the "Action screen", I get an error "VNC authentication failed". I close the windows and automatically, the VNCviewer window pops-up where I can enter the password and login. On the client PC, I get a pop-up that says "Another instance of WinVNC is already running". I see the screen of the remote PC.

PC #2
=====
When I do VNC from the "Action screen", it launches my local VNCviewer and connects to the PC.
When I do Remote control from the "Action screen", I see, "Checking Remote Host accessibility...Removing old service...Installing service. Starting service and it is immediately followed by error "System Error Code 5 - Access is denied". When I do the action "Take screenshot", it installs the service but doesn't come back with the captured screenshot.

Both PCs have met the conditions as stated in the documentation on page 44:
• Both machines should be in trusted domains.
• The VNC service is pushed to the client and removed after the remote control session.
• The user should have administrative privileges on the client.
• TCP ports 139, 445 and 5900 should be open on the server from the client.
• The “Server” service should be running on the target machine.
• The “Remote registry” service should be running on the target machine.
• The default administrative shares should be available on the client (C$, admin$)

Any suggestions for solving my problem on PC #2 would be helpful.
Thanks
Pierre
7 REPLIES 7
PierreM
Engaged Sweeper III
Have you been able to reproduce this problem?

Pierre
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
PierreM wrote:
Have you been able to reproduce this problem?

Pierre

Yes, the problem is indeed caused by uvnc on the computer because they use the same config file.
We are looking for a way to solve this (if it's possible)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lsremote is based on uvnc, let's see if I can reproduce this.
PierreM
Engaged Sweeper III
From my Lansweeper server, I launched LSremote as instructed. It took a long time to check for port 5950 but it eventually timed out and gave me an error (Cannot connect to remote computer, check firewall settings for port 5950 on client).

To test my theory again, I uninstalled Ultravnc from the client and re-did the test above. It worked.

Thinking that maybe my version of Ultravnc was too old, I tried installing version 1.0.5. Same problem. So it seems that there is an incompatibility with Ultravnc and your lsremote.

Pierre
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Sorry, I should have explained better.
Start lsremote.exe without a parameter,click options/remote server/port
PierreM
Engaged Sweeper III
Can your flavor of VNC(lsremote.exe) coexist with UltraVNC?

As per your suggestion, I tried using a different port number (ie 5950). Since you did not give me instructions on how to do this, I modified in the Configuration utility the custom actions for lsremote and added ::5950 after {computer}.

When I try to connect from my pc using the web console (action screen) and click on Remote control, the Lsremote client says "checking port 445" and eventually gives me an error "unable to contact to host: hostname::5950. Port 445 is not accessible. To me this error is misleading because if I uninstall UltraVNC from the target PC and let LSremote use the standard port 5900, it works fine. This is why I'm asking if both flavors of VNC can co-exist.

Regards,
Pierre
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
For 1: change the port for lsremote (default : 5900)
For 2: test the new screengrabber beta from the forum (uploaded yesterday)