cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d_i_saunders
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi All,

I have been tasked with changing the security on our lansweeper server to comply with the company policy.. As such we cant have a plain text password..

I see 2 options, but would like to know what other have done as to make the change as minimal as possible.

1:
Encrypting Web.config sections in ASP.NET 2.0...
As detailed here:

2:
Move to windows Authentication....

Has anyone tried either methods...

Thanks in advance..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: you can install under mixed authentication and then change the authentication mode to Windows afterwards. You can do this on your own if you know how to set this up and if you make the necessary changes to the database connection string in the configuration files below, but this is not something we provide instructions or support for. The only supported authentication mode is SQL authentication.

Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Lansweeperservice.exe.config
Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\web.config

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: you can install under mixed authentication and then change the authentication mode to Windows afterwards. You can do this on your own if you know how to set this up and if you make the necessary changes to the database connection string in the configuration files below, but this is not something we provide instructions or support for. The only supported authentication mode is SQL authentication.

Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Lansweeperservice.exe.config
Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\web.config