cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kat
Engaged Sweeper II
I have some computers which seem to be stuck in the scanning queue. They actuaully appear in the queue multiple times. Apparently, they have either never been scanned or are not able to be scanned at the moment. Is there a way to get them out of the queue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: the customer contacted us via email. Screenshots of Configuration/Scanning Setup/Database Scripts and the customer's error log indicated that the event log database tables were huge and locking up the Compact database. Clearing event log data resolved the issue.

If you have over 1,000 assets, it is recommended that you use SQL Server as your database server, not SQL Compact. Performance will be severely impacted if you try to host thousands of assets in a Compact database. Instructions for moving from SQL Compact to SQL Server can be found here.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: the customer contacted us via email. Screenshots of Configuration/Scanning Setup/Database Scripts and the customer's error log indicated that the event log database tables were huge and locking up the Compact database. Clearing event log data resolved the issue.

If you have over 1,000 assets, it is recommended that you use SQL Server as your database server, not SQL Compact. Performance will be severely impacted if you try to host thousands of assets in a Compact database. Instructions for moving from SQL Compact to SQL Server can be found here.
kat
Engaged Sweeper II
I tried that on one of them and still have the issue with that computer. Yesterday, I upgraded again to the newest version and still have the same problem.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Did you try repairing WMI on the affected computers?
kat
Engaged Sweeper II
I have updated to 5.2. I currently have 22 computers listed as "processing" in the scanning queue. They appear to be the same ones that were previously "stuck" in there. Other computers have entered the queue and have completed processing. Also, I have it set to use 12 threads so I'm not sure why it would be processing more than that. I clicked on the clear queue button and said yes to the confirmation then nothing happens. I suppose that could be because they are listed as "processing" and not "in queue". If that is the case, do you have any other suggestions as to how to clear them?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If you update to 5.2, you should see a Clear Queue button under Configuration/Scanning Setup/Scanning Queue. Your problem machines may have corrupt WMI. More info on this topic can be found here: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/47/How-to-repair-a-corrupt-WMI-installation.html
kat
Engaged Sweeper II
I've already done that. That just kicks off a scan again with the same result.
crashff
Champion Sweeper
Stop and restart the lansweeper service