cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckelly101
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I am having an issue where when I view the details on a Windows 7 PC it is showing the last user as the computer name. This is not happening for all PCs, around 10%. I know that there is a user logged in to these PCs and even if I do a manual rescan it will still show the last user as the Computer name.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: this issue was due to an old LsPush version being used to scan the machines. Update your Lansweeper installations if necessary and make sure that your group policies/scripts/tasks are using the latest LsPush executable, which can be found in the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Client folder on your Lansweeper server when you've updated.

Old LsPush versions could only detect the currently logged on user if run under that user. If you ran LsPush as a scheduled task (which, by default, does not run under the currently logged on user), computername$ would be returned as the currently logged on user. This issue was fixed in newer LsPush releases, which can detect the currently logged on user even when run as a scheduled task.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: this issue was due to an old LsPush version being used to scan the machines. Update your Lansweeper installations if necessary and make sure that your group policies/scripts/tasks are using the latest LsPush executable, which can be found in the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Client folder on your Lansweeper server when you've updated.

Old LsPush versions could only detect the currently logged on user if run under that user. If you ran LsPush as a scheduled task (which, by default, does not run under the currently logged on user), computername$ would be returned as the currently logged on user. This issue was fixed in newer LsPush releases, which can detect the currently logged on user even when run as a scheduled task.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If the error log is too big, you can send us only the entries of the last two weeks of the error log.
ckelly101
Engaged Sweeper
Sorry have just checked this again and this log file is 43Mb so cannot send this over mail. Is there any other way I can get this to you?
ckelly101
Engaged Sweeper
Yes I sent it to this address, have resent this now, if you could reply to confirm this was received that would be great, thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ckelly101 wrote:
Yes I sent it to this address, have resent this now, if you could reply to confirm this was received that would be great, thanks.

We still have not received any mail from you, we also checked our spam folder. Can you try to send the mail from another mail address. For instance from a gmail address.
ckelly101
Engaged Sweeper
Mail now sent to support mail address
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ckelly101 wrote:
Mail now sent to support mail address

We have not received any mail for this problem. Are you sure that you have sent the mail to support@lansweeper.com?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Can you send the following to support@lansweeper.com:
-program files/Lansweepr/service/errorlog.txt
-screenshot of summary tab of problem asset