cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jono
Champion Sweeper II
All of our computers have a local admin account with a random password assigned. I currently record that password in a location outside of the LS database because I don't want it showing on the Summary page or Comments since there would be no way to open that page without revealing that password.

I think it would be helpful to add a Custom Field type called Hidden (or something like that). This would display only dots or asterisks with a "View" button next to it. Clicking that button would reveal what's in that box. If this option was available, I could use that field to record the password, and open the summary page without worrying about someone seeing the password over my shoulder. Then, when I need to see that password, I can click the button to reveal it.

I've attached screenshots of what it might look like. Please forgive the crude paste job of the View button graphics.

Thoughts?

Jono
3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
This feature is on the wish list, but not a priority for now. There have been few requests for this, so this is not very likely to be implemented to be honest, not in the near future anyway.
Jono
Champion Sweeper II
Not to seem in any way self-serving, but I'm still hoping for this feature. Is this still a possibility for future versions?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Indeed a good idea. We will add this to the feature wish list.
Thank you for you input!

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now