cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper
I must say I love the new features. The location map is really great. One thing that I am having a problem with is when I click on the map, I would like to see only the asset on the map and not everything. If I am looking for a asset's location and I have a lot of assets mapped, it becomes confusing trying to scan the map for the particular asset I am looking for.

One idea is when you are on the asset page, when clicking on the link for the Asset location, it would only show that asset on that map. Then create a separate location tab with the maps, when clicking on a map it would show all assets on the map. Another option is to highlight or only show the name of the asset I was clicking from on the map, therefor making it easier to find.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Marty
13 REPLIES 13
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Adding users to maps is not possible yet, though you can see a computer's last user when hovering over the computer name on the location map. Adding users and some other features mentioned in this topic are still on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for these features. Development is busy getting the help desk ready for our beta testers, so any other features have low priority for now.
K_JTRAY
Engaged Sweeper
I don't know if anyone looks at these old posts, but this map feature is what won us over from spiceworks, so I would love to see the fixed frame solution mentioned in the previous post...

Also, maybe at the very least a toggle to display last logged in user instead of asset name? Or maybe im not looking hard enough and this is possible - I'm still learning my way around the system.
pice
Engaged Sweeper III
As you can see here I already described some of the problems from the posts in this topic.

http://lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst8335_Asset-Locations--A-solution-for-BIG--HIGHRES-Maps--Plans--Overviews.aspx

Especially Highres Maps with a big pixel-count are difficult to handle...
mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper
Another option to add to the list if possible is when importing a Picture, the ability to import a CAD DWF file or a PDF.

I can open the file in the application and then use the Snipping tool to get the job done, but this would be a nice to save the step.

Thanks again.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Thank you all for your highly appreciated feedback. We have added your requests to the wish list.
DGoodwin
Engaged Sweeper
Some wishes:

Ability to toggle asset names based on type or individually. ie, collapse all switches since we know they aren't moving anytime soon.

Toggle of username/assetname/model, individually or whole on the map for easy identification.

Ability to have the flag for the asset go to the left of the point it's added on the map, in addition to the right, so we can squeeze more in a tight space. Maybe even a 360 degree spin.

An awesome product and we love it.

l33t_lansweeper
Engaged Sweeper
Nice mapping feature, have some suggestions:

1) The glaring missing feature that will prevent me from investing too much time into the MAP feature is the lack of exporting. I dont want to be dependent on lansweeper for my map. I want to be able to export it into an open source format where the assets are still movable. This could be a layered picture (.ora, .psd) or a diagramming sketch (.dia, .svg) ect.

2) An option to print in a meaningful way. The easiest way to do this would be exporting to PDF or JPEG and letting the user to do the tweaking from there.

3) better support for large pictures. I am experiencing lots of jitter while moving around and often the loss of the drag-with-mouse feature when the picture is above 3kX3k (5kX5k always centered me back to the top of the picture upon mouse click release)

4) Allow the map to take up more of my window. Does not span entire window horizontally and has the wasted horizontal space of a large "description" box at the top. The text boxes should span horizontally to allow for more vertical room for the map. I want to be able to show other people this map, will need as many pixels as possible.

5) Allow a zoom level besides 100 to be set as standard. (or allow us to set what is considered 100 on a per map basis). Some maps are huge and when they open up to a tiny spot on the map, it is useless.

6) the ability to select assets in a certain section and edit them in mass. For example, highlight all the assets that are in hallway #1 and assign them to an asset group.

I hope you guys keep improving on this feature. It could be a major selling point to many companies.
Technut27
Champion Sweeper
I second mwrobo09's comments, the mapping functionality is a great addition and I will be using it but the maps could become cluttered. That's why I like the idea of being able to place users on the map as well as physical assets. Many of our users have multiple computers and placing them all on the map would get messy. Placing a user on the map would provide a couple benefits such as easily locating the users seat location, keeping the map clean, but still allowing me to drill down to the assets that are tied to them via a relationships.

I'm still running 5081 in production but looking forward to upgrading. Placing users on the map would all but allow me to phase out an old asset management application that currently also serves as a seating chart.
mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper
Another thing I have noticed is that the sorting on the drop down when selecting the location map is by last location map and not alphabetical. Is there a way to alter this?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now