cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpartin
Engaged Sweeper
Having a minor issue not sure what's causing. When I bring up a client pc page and open Computer Management to say take a look at Device manager, when I click on it nothing happens for 20 second or so and then a box pops up that says
"Unable to access the computer CLIENTPC1. Make sure that this computer is on the network, has remote administration enabled, and is running the Plug and Play and Remote Registry services.. The error was: Access is denied."

I have a suggested cmd from the lansweeper troubleshoot page with a couple extra lines to suit xp and win 7 as follows.

call netsh firewall set service RemoteAdmin enable
call netsh firewall add portopening protocol=tcp port=135 name=DCOM_TCP135
netsh firewall set service type = remoteadmin mode = enable
netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="Windows Remote Management" new enable=yes
sc start RemoteRegistry
sc config RemoteRegistry start= auto

Tell me how far off I am there if i'm barking up the wrong tree or what.
Most of the PC's here are Windows 7 with a mix of 32bit and 64.
Maybe it's a simple fix, hopefully.

Thanks in advance!
Josh
1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Our apologies, it appears this thread was overlooked. "Access denied" errors generally indicate that the user initiating the action does not have administrative privileges on the target machine. You can try runas.exe, which is built into Windows, to run an action as a different user: http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst4665_Admin-needed-to-make-Actions-run.aspx