cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tizdebz
Engaged Sweeper
Hi

I'm new to this and very impressed with the wealth of info available in Lansweeper.

I wonder if anyone can help me create/run a report that will tell me all the software that is installed which asset(s) it's on and when it was last used?

Grateful for any assistance
Debbie
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There is a built-in report called "Software: List of software by computer" you can use. It can be found under Dashboard/Reports/All Reports.

You cannot report on when a software package was last used, as Lansweeper does not currently collect software usage information. This would require monitoring software on all of your client machines.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper currently does not monitor software usage, as mentioned earlier this would require a monitoring agent present on client computers, which would have a performance impact.
sleague
Engaged Sweeper II
Has this been added yet to see when the software was last used?
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The Lastchanged date indicates when Lansweeper last updated the software record in the Lansweeper database. This does not indicate when the software was last used. Software usage information isn't scanned yet unfortunately. This feature has been requested by several other customers and our development team is aware of the request, but we do not have an estimated release date for it yet.

Development is hard at work getting a production version ready of Lansweeper 6.0, which is currently in beta. Lansweeper 6.0 includes a fully functional help desk and many other new features. Software usage scanning isn't included yet though.
Jared
Engaged Sweeper
Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Mac,
tblSoftwareUni.softwareName,
tblSoftware.softwareVersion,
tblSoftware.Installdate,
tblSoftware.Lastchanged
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblSoftware On tblAssets.AssetID = tblSoftware.AssetID
Inner Join tblSoftwareUni On tblSoftwareUni.SoftID = tblSoftware.softID
Order By tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.AssetName

^ That should do the trick for most of it... Not sure if "Lastchanged" is last 'updated' or last used however. I can't really see anything particular to 'last used'.
joesedroid
Engaged Sweeper
I know this is an old post but was wondering if this is possible now?
Is there a way to pull when software was last used/accessed?
Thanks
Joe
Tizdebz
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you very much - that's jsut what I needed to know.

Thanks again
Debbie
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There is a built-in report called "Software: List of software by computer" you can use. It can be found under Dashboard/Reports/All Reports.

You cannot report on when a software package was last used, as Lansweeper does not currently collect software usage information. This would require monitoring software on all of your client machines.