cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harringg
Champion Sweeper
Anyone else seeing issues with the report builder in v5 (5049)?

Specifically, if editing a value in the Criteria Pane, before edit, the code looks like this:

Select Top 1000000 tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Processor As Processor1,
tblAssets.NrProcessors As NrProcessors1,
tblSqlServers.serviceName,
tblSqlServers.displayVersion,
tblSqlServers.skuName,
tblSqlServers.version
From tblAssets
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Left Join tblSqlServers On tblAssets.AssetID = tblSqlServers.AssetID
Order By tblAssets.AssetUnique,
tblSqlServers.serviceName

It then updates the Code to include that field twice in the Select statement (tblAssets.IPAddress in this case)

Select Top 1000000 tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Processor As Processor1,
tblAssets.NrProcessors As NrProcessors1,
tblSqlServers.serviceName,
tblSqlServers.displayVersion,
tblSqlServers.skuName,
tblSqlServers.version
From tblAssets
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Left Join tblSqlServers On tblAssets.AssetID = tblSqlServers.AssetID
Where tblAssets.IPAddress Like '%199%'
Order By tblAssets.AssetUnique,
tblSqlServers.serviceName

And then it gives error messages like this one (see attached). It happens enough, that I know when I've edited int he middle pane, to go and clean up the SQL query, but it's annoying.

Also, it seems like if you remove an output option in the top pane (uncheck Domain for example in this report), it says it has to update the query, you click save and run and it still has the Domain field. It requires multiple times to uncheck.

I'm fairly proficient with editing the code by hand and can fix the queries, but just wondering if there are any others seeing these issues and if there are any plans for fixing it? I understand too that the report builder is third-party, so maybe discussing it with them?

IE 9 is the browser I'm doing the editing in.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone, as we got a question about this: there were some bugs in the report builder when Lansweeper 5.0 was first released. These have long since been fixed. Update your installation if you experience any of the aforementioned issues.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone, as we got a question about this: there were some bugs in the report builder when Lansweeper 5.0 was first released. These have long since been fixed. Update your installation if you experience any of the aforementioned issues.
harringg
Champion Sweeper
I sent a screen recording with a reference to this thread to tech support.
friedbad
Engaged Sweeper II
harringg wrote:
I sent a screen recording with a reference to this thread to tech support.

Thanks for doing that. I just haven't had time to do it today.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
A couple of customers have reported these issues, but we have so far been unable to reproduce them on a consistent basis. Please contact support@lansweeper.com and provide us with the steps you are taking to produce the behavior, as well as the edition/version of your database server.
friedbad
Engaged Sweeper II
I was hoping that I wasn't the only one
We recently did a fresh install of v 5 (5052) and we are seeing the same behavior. I'm also using IE9 and Chrome with the same behavior.
It takes a number of tries (unchecking, removing columns) to get it not to move and/or add columns on you.
If you want to move a column it adds it or doesn't leave it where you want it to be. This also takes a number of tries to get it just right.

I'd almost have to post a movie to explain it best, but I think we have it covered.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now