cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarmo
Engaged Sweeper III
We use the Unapproved Software list to constantly monitor when new apps get installed without permission from IT. Typically, I can see the new app pop-up, if we approved it to be installed, then I will change it to Allowed Software in Lansweeper. However, there are some applications that we allow a select few users to run, but would like to know when "non approved" users install it.
For example, everyone in IT can install and use Opera, Safari, Firefox, Chrome and IE because we are constantly testing apps in the different browsers. Everyone else in the organization is supposed to only use IE. If I approve all of the different browsers, I don't know if someone outside of IT has installed one of the other browsers without running a report and sifting through the results and eliminating the users who we've already given access.
I would like to be able to approve software for Everyone, or be able to select specific users or pc's.
4 REPLIES 4
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We don't have a release date for these features unfortunately. We are currently focused on finishing up our software deployment beta and help desk alpha, so other features have low priority for now.
murpmic
Engaged Sweeper III
+1

I made similar requests. There is also another that I added to for additional software approval options. I think this is an area that could use attention as it could really help some of us.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not yet have a release date for it.
Jroy
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not yet have a release date for it.

It's been a few years since this was answered. Where does it stand on the release date?