cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaniK
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello again,

For some reason the reports can't output the contents of some our AD security groups. We have a very simple report:

Select Top 1000000 tsysOS.Image As icon,
tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.Userdomain,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Firstseen,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried,
tblADGroups.Name As ADGroupName,
tblADGroups.Description As ADGroupDescription,
Case tblADGroups.GroupType When -2147483646 Then 'security - global'
When -2147483644 Then 'security - local' When -2147483643 Then 'built-in'
When -2147483640 Then 'security - universal'
When 2 Then 'distribution - global' When 4 Then 'distribution - local'
When 8 Then 'distribution - universal' End As ADGroupType
From tblAssets
Inner Join tsysOS On tsysOS.OScode = tblAssets.OScode
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tblComputersystem On tblAssets.AssetID = tblComputersystem.AssetID
Left Join tblADComputers On tblAssets.AssetID = tblADComputers.AssetID
Left Join tblADMembership On tblADMembership.ChildAdObjectID =
tblADComputers.ADObjectID
Left Join tblADGroups On tblADMembership.ParentAdObjectID =
tblADGroups.ADObjectID
Where tblADGroups.Name = 'ADGroupName' And tblComputersystem.PartOfDomain = 1
And tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Order By tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.AssetName

This report simply shows the contents of that particular AD security group, and we use it for deployments. For most groups this works just fine, but for some groups the report simply shows up empty. If I edit the report and change only the security group's name, it displays that one's contents just fine, so I can't imagine anything's wrong with the code.

I've tried re-creating the report from scratch and have made new AD groups to test with, but to no avail. Is there something in the AD group itself that can be causing this? An attribute or a security setting that needs to be set so that the group is visible to Lansweeper? The only difference I've found so far is that the non-working groups are newer, but still made several weeks ago. Or is Lansweeper somehow "full" of AD groups it can read?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JaniK
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

the reason ended up being simple. For some reason the Active Directory scanning had been disabled completely, so naturally the newer AD groups didn't work. The reports that used older AD groups still worked and kept up-to-date information, so I didn't think to even check the scanning itself.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JaniK
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

the reason ended up being simple. For some reason the Active Directory scanning had been disabled completely, so naturally the newer AD groups didn't work. The reports that used older AD groups still worked and kept up-to-date information, so I didn't think to even check the scanning itself.
MikeMc
Champion Sweeper II
I tried your query and there are no problems with it as far as I can tell. Is your scanning set up to scan that particular OU where these groups are at? If the OUs aren't scanned, they won't populate these tables.