cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpangA
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,
In the side of a printer (here it is a Kyocera printer) is indicated how many sides were printed. indeed, is the number of the sides, another than those whom the printer says me. Where from does this come??
In this example the printer points in him has printed 66718 sides and in the Lansweeper Asset side stands he has printed 67037. What can this lie with and how I get this away?

greetings
Andreas S.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nick_VDB
Champion Sweeper III
Lansweeper will scan printer information from SNMP. The number of printed pages that is shown in Lansweeper is also scanned from the machines SNMP protocol. If the information is not correctly stored in the assets then there is not much that can be done about it as it is wrongfully stored in SNMP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
techadmin
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,
I have the same problem only with Kyocera printer (other Manufacturer counter is ok).
Lansweeper SNMP scan read ".1.3.6.1.2.1.43.10.2.1.4.1.1 = COUNTER32: 83858" value (From SNMPWalk Tool).
Kyocera printers store correct printed counters on this ".1.3.6.1.4.1.1347.43.10.1.1.12.1.1 = INTEGER: 81573" (From SNMPWalk Tool).
Correct printed count page is "81573".
This is a big problem. I can't use Lansweeper Report for printed pages counter

Thank's
SpangA
Engaged Sweeper III
thanks for the detailed answer
Nick_VDB
Champion Sweeper III
Lansweeper will scan printer information from SNMP. The number of printed pages that is shown in Lansweeper is also scanned from the machines SNMP protocol. If the information is not correctly stored in the assets then there is not much that can be done about it as it is wrongfully stored in SNMP.
SpangA
Engaged Sweeper III
no these are the Asset side itself. I would agree him if Lansweeper did not register any more than the printer.
Even if I the printer update with "Rescan Asset" Lansweeper registers more than it are. (according to printer registers)
Juha_Otava
Engaged Sweeper III
Keep in mind Lansweeper scans assets periodically, so "Last seen" indicates date & time when the printed pages was retrieved from the printer. It is possible to update information stored in the Lansweeper database. Open assets page and select "Rescan Asset".

Is it a report like "Device: Printer status" you are looking at?

If so, edit report and remove the line "tblAssetCustom.Printedpages" from the report.