cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xmatthias
Engaged Sweeper
Hello, i am new in this community and have Troubles with the use of lansweeper in our Company.

The most of our devices are integrated in the Company Domain - the scanning of this devices is possible without Troubles. We scan them with the globals scanning credentias Domain\user + pw - no Problem.

But we also have some devices that are not integrated in the Domain. we have open the Firewall an set the lansweeper user as local admin on the devices - but still get a WMI error. I have no Option to set in lansweeper not to scan with Domain\user but with hostname\user to Login als local admin on the Client.

i hope you can help me.

thanks in adcance
7 REPLIES 7
BastiOn
Engaged Sweeper III
Hy,

i have the same Problem. WMIC Remote Access denied. I use the lansweeper.vbs to open Ports etc. Login Credentials for the Remote PC assigned in Lansweeper. I have Access to c$ but, Installation over Deploy is not possible. -> WMIC Access Denied.

What can i do? Check on the Machine? Is there another Script to check all necassary thing (FW, Reg. etc) that i can run on each Computer?

In my Network there are some Windows Computer that works, but i don't know what I did to make it work.

Thanks
BastiOn

BastiOn
Engaged Sweeper III
BastiOn wrote:
Hy,

i have the same Problem. WMIC Remote Access denied. I use the lansweeper.vbs to open Ports etc. Login Credentials for the Remote PC assigned in Lansweeper. I have Access to c$ but, Installation over Deploy is not possible. -> WMIC Access Denied.

What can i do? Check on the Machine? Is there another Script to check all necassary thing (FW, Reg. etc) that i can run on each Computer?

In my Network there are some Windows Computer that works, but i don't know what I did to make it work.

Thanks
BastiOn

I found the Problem !!
The User local Name was not the User as shown. I change the Credentials and asssign it to the Range/PC. Now i can scan and deploy packages

I hope it can help some ..
The shown Unsername on the Loginpage is not always the local name 😉
xmatthias
Engaged Sweeper
Hy - thanks. But this was also my first idea. I tried this two weeks ago - but it wont work. I added the credential (with the correct username) - set the user as local admin on the local host - and add the scanning credential for every target. Still get an WMI Error - any idea?
xmatthias wrote:
Hy - thanks. But this was also my first idea. I tried this two weeks ago - but it wont work. I added the credential (with the correct username) - set the user as local admin on the local host - and add the scanning credential for every target. Still get an WMI Error - any idea?

Hi did you ever get to the bottom of this? We have same problem, help!
cycleheat
Engaged Sweeper III
HRussell wrote:
Hi did you ever get to the bottom of this? We have same problem, help!

I would start by testing at the local machine, try in a command window:
wmic systemenclosure get serialnumber
If it returns the serial, then WMIC is working.

Next try from the Lansweeper's machine, using command window:
wmic /user:username /password:yourpassword /node:remotemachine systemenclosure get serialnumber

This way you can check that WMIC is responding to remote queries and troubleshoot if the problem is the credentials within Lansweeper or overall an issue querying the computer.

If the remotemachine doesn't have both forward and reverse DNS on the network, it can make WMI very cranky. If that's the case with the DNS (and this can't be fixed), then using LsAgent is a good alternative.
Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper
/Scanning/Credentials/
Add new Credential
Login example
.\administrator
xmatthias
Engaged Sweeper
Nobody have an idea?