cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
njett
Engaged Sweeper III
We have been using LanSweeper for several months in a trial environment and we love it. We are looking for an ITAM tool that will provide us a historical record of events for each asset. Those events should include changes in department, user assignment, location and asset status.

On the History tab, I see a history showing when the asset was added to LanSweeper and any changes in software (updates, etc...) but none of the other criteria mentioned above.

Can LanSweeper meet these requirements through custom reporting or some other means?

If it can provide these requirements it will definitely be the front runner.

BTW - Our developers have looked at the SQL DB and they found the scanning history but nothing else that really meets these requirements.

Thanks in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
njett
Engaged Sweeper III
Below is the original response I got from LanSweeper Support. But, my Sales Rep recently told me that the Historical reporting will be in the 6.1 release but there is no estimated release date at this point in time.

Email from LanSweeper support:

Thank you for trying out Lansweeper!

The history that the Lansweeper database records consists of software and hardware history of assets. It doesn't directly record the history of the Location, Department, etc. fields. You could work around this though, by exporting scheduled asset reports and using these to keep a history of those specific fields.

This would require the following:
• A custom report listing all the required fields. We've added a sample report at the bottom to give you an idea. Instructions for adding this report to your Lansweeper installation can be found here.
• Setting up a report export to file or email at Configuration\Email Alerts, there you can set up an automated directory or email export of any report you select.
Select Top 1000000 GetDate() As [Date and time of report],
tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.Userdomain,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssetCustom.Location,
tblAssetCustom.Department,
tblAssetCustom.Building,
tblAssetCustom.Branchoffice
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Where tblAssetCustom.State = 1

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
njett
Engaged Sweeper III
Below is the original response I got from LanSweeper Support. But, my Sales Rep recently told me that the Historical reporting will be in the 6.1 release but there is no estimated release date at this point in time.

Email from LanSweeper support:

Thank you for trying out Lansweeper!

The history that the Lansweeper database records consists of software and hardware history of assets. It doesn't directly record the history of the Location, Department, etc. fields. You could work around this though, by exporting scheduled asset reports and using these to keep a history of those specific fields.

This would require the following:
• A custom report listing all the required fields. We've added a sample report at the bottom to give you an idea. Instructions for adding this report to your Lansweeper installation can be found here.
• Setting up a report export to file or email at Configuration\Email Alerts, there you can set up an automated directory or email export of any report you select.
Select Top 1000000 GetDate() As [Date and time of report],
tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.Userdomain,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssetCustom.Location,
tblAssetCustom.Department,
tblAssetCustom.Building,
tblAssetCustom.Branchoffice
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Where tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Kgoucher
Engaged Sweeper II
Did you find anything on this I'm interested in tracking asset assignment too.