cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbruyet
Engaged Sweeper II
Hey all, I'm trying to filter my Lansweeper using two or three items in the filter but I'm not having any luck. I've tried using commas and semi-colons to separate the search items but no joy. I've even tried using a Boolean "OR" operator but that brings up zilch. I've Googled this and searched the forum here but I don't see where anyone else is trying to do this (or maybe they aren't having any problems doing it?).

Some examples of what I'm trying to do is bring up all servers running 2003, 2008, 2008R2, 2012, and 2012R2, or bring up all HP and Lenovo laptops.

Thanks,

Joe B
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
This is something you'll need to build a custom report for under Reports\Create New Report. A sample report listing the operating systems you're referring to can be seen below and added to your Lansweeper installation by following these instructions. If you are interested in building or modifying reports, we do recommend:
  • Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder is a standard SQL editor. If you know SQL, you know how to build Lansweeper reports as well. This seems like a good tutorial.
  • Making use of our database dictionary, more information on which can be found here. The dictionary explains in great detail what each table and field stores.

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.Userdomain,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tsysOS.OSname,
tblAssets.Firstseen,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried,
tsysOS.Image As icon
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysOS On tsysOS.OScode = tblAssets.OScode
Where tsysOS.OSname In ('win 2003', 'win 2008', 'win 2008 r2', 'win 2012',
'win 2012 r2') And tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Order By tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.AssetName

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
This is something you'll need to build a custom report for under Reports\Create New Report. A sample report listing the operating systems you're referring to can be seen below and added to your Lansweeper installation by following these instructions. If you are interested in building or modifying reports, we do recommend:
  • Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder is a standard SQL editor. If you know SQL, you know how to build Lansweeper reports as well. This seems like a good tutorial.
  • Making use of our database dictionary, more information on which can be found here. The dictionary explains in great detail what each table and field stores.

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.Userdomain,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tsysOS.OSname,
tblAssets.Firstseen,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried,
tsysOS.Image As icon
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysOS On tsysOS.OScode = tblAssets.OScode
Where tsysOS.OSname In ('win 2003', 'win 2008', 'win 2008 r2', 'win 2012',
'win 2012 r2') And tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Order By tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.AssetName

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now