cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amyers37
Engaged Sweeper II
I want to do a mass import and have downloaded the asset import template. However, I want to add items like BIOS version, SKU, etc. I don't see that in the template and if I try to add them at the end of template, they don't get imported (nor do I receive an error). If I put them earlier in the file (before the Custom fields) then I get a validation error.

Thanks,
Aaron
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email, but FYI for everyone else: only fields included in the import template can be imported. SKU, BIOS etc cannot currently be imported. We've asked our developers to add these fields to the import code in a future update, but do not have an estimated release date for this feature yet.

Though this is not something we can provide instructions or support for, you could theoretically write a database script and execute it under Configuration\Database Scripts to import the data. SKUs are stored and can be inserted in the tblAssetCustom database table for instance.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amyers37
Engaged Sweeper II
Yep, thank you for updating this as well.

I would like to put in a request feature for importing, well, essentially anything. I would think that if LanSweeper can read it from a system, I should be able to import it manually.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
amyers37 wrote:
Yep, thank you for updating this as well.

I would like to put in a request feature for importing, well, essentially anything. I would think that if LanSweeper can read it from a system, I should be able to import it manually.

I'm not sure support for all scanned fields will be added, as these fields can more easily be populated through scanning. (Even Windows computers outside of your network can be scanned with our LsPush scanning agent.)
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email, but FYI for everyone else: only fields included in the import template can be imported. SKU, BIOS etc cannot currently be imported. We've asked our developers to add these fields to the import code in a future update, but do not have an estimated release date for this feature yet.

Though this is not something we can provide instructions or support for, you could theoretically write a database script and execute it under Configuration\Database Scripts to import the data. SKUs are stored and can be inserted in the tblAssetCustom database table for instance.