cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nriddick
Engaged Sweeper
Hi all! I am fairly new to lansweeper. We have been using it for a few years but we are just recently starting to use it for asset management.
So I set up IP range locations then I set up Dynamic Asset groups with the filter of IP Location. When I click on view assets I am getting all of my assets, which is perfect. The issue is that if I click on one of the assets, in the asset group section I just see the default asset group. I dont see the dynamic group that it is a part of. So the default asset group is in Static Asset Groups. Do I have to have static asset groups set (that doesn't really work for me since we have so many moving parts)?
Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
nmulvihill
Engaged Sweeper II
The dynamic groups are not shown on the asset pages as they are not stored in the database unfortunately. This is an issue that I ran into some time ago and ended up creating asset types called 'Group' and creating a relationship between the asset and the group based on some criteria (Mine was their OU). This way I could create reports and see the relationship.

I update these relationships weekly with a powershell script that runs on the weekend. Not ideal, but it works.

You could do the same thing with just normal groups I suppose.