cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rseiler
Engaged Sweeper III
Pretty trivial and no doubt an easy fix, but I just thought that I'd give a heads-up that Win10 1607 is unrecognized by certain widgets, such as "Windows OS/SP Overview." Perhaps they trigger off the build number, which of course changed (10586 to 14393). A surer way might have been to look at the ProductName in the Registry, which is unchanged.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I assume development chose the build number because the OS name might not be uniform across language-specific OS releases. I've created a ticket for development to get the new build number implemented, but I'm not sure when a new Lansweeper update will be available.

You can manually resolve the issue by executing the script below in the Configuration\Database Scripts section of the web console. The script adds an entry to tsysOS. Copy and paste the code and hit the Execute SQL Code button. To be safe, back up your database prior to running any scripts. Backup instructions can be found here.
INSERT INTO tsysOS(OScode, OSname, Image, Sortorder) VALUES('10.0.14393', 'Win 10', 'ten10.png', 18)
GO

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
rseiler
Engaged Sweeper III
It took a couple years somehow, but:

6.0.230.45:
Added: #591287 A Windows 10 computer's full version and build number are now scanned and displayed in several locations in the web console, e.g. in the Summary tab of the asset page
rseiler
Engaged Sweeper III
Does anyone have any thoughts on the last post?
rseiler
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi. I didn't mean for Insider builds but patch revisions for Win10:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

That turns up in various places, like winver and the CurrentVersion key in the Registry.
Bert_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Windows does not use a segment after that.
You could check the following website for the actual slow/fast/release builds:
http://changewindows.org/overview/desktop

Every 'green' build should be a version included in Lansweeper.
rseiler
Engaged Sweeper III
Reminded of this now, I wonder if there's a way to get greedy and report the next decimal segment. So, instead of just 10.0.14393, 10.0.14393.105 or whatever.
Lennart
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks Susan.A for the fix.
I was a bit worried for a while there then the number of klients went down then we started upgrading.
Hope the developers find a solution to automatic add new buildnummer to the database, or something else to fix it.
rseiler
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks. I found this though, which works:
http://www.lansweeper.com/Forum/yaf_postsm44801_Different-versions-of-Windows-10.aspx
MikeMc
Champion Sweeper II
We had a similar requirement in our environment. We ended up scanning this key (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion) and values (BuildLabEx and ReleaseID). We wrote up a custom report to split the reported strings to give us the values we wanted.
rseiler
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks, that works great.

BTW, do you happen to know if the Windows build number is surfaced anywhere? I'm looking for a way to differentiate the Win10's (14393 vs 10586 etc) in order to see what's been upgraded, but I haven't found it so far.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now