cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdmJLovejoy
Champion Sweeper
I have found very little documentation on how to implement the SSH Public keys for LS authentication for non-Windows servers. Is there a complete configuration document (SOP) somewhere?
Thanks, Jim Lovejoy __________________________________________________________________________________________________ James W. Lovejoy | IBM - Cloud Managed Services Delivery | Infrastructure Architect (Windows Server ...
5 REPLIES 5
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
What version of Lansweeper do you have?
MichaelUnify
Engaged Sweeper III
*BUMP*

Can you leave the Passphrase blank?
MichaelUnify wrote:
*BUMP*

Can you leave the Passphrase blank?

You can leave the passphrase blank when creating a new SSH certificate credential. When editing an existing SSH Certificate credential the passphrase field will show the standard password placeholder entry (5 orbs), to obfuscate the fact that the passphrase is null.
AdmJLovejoy
Champion Sweeper
Susan, I've already seen the article, and it fails to explain the specific requirements to complete a SSH certificate based Credential setup. For example, Passphrase is a required entry, my Linux admins are telling me that we don't use Passphrases. I need a complete SOP to hand off to the Admins to set this up correctly.

There appears to be a lot of assumptions in the documentation on the LS site. So far, we have not been able to successfully utilize this capability.

Please advise.
Thanks, Jim Lovejoy __________________________________________________________________________________________________ James W. Lovejoy | IBM - Cloud Managed Services Delivery | Infrastructure Architect (Windows Server ...
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I'm not sure whether you are asking how to generate the certificates themselves or how to submit them in Lansweeper. Linux scanning instructions can be found here. The article explains how to scan both with an SSH username/password combination and a certificate. It doesn't focus too much on the certificate option, as the instructions for scanning with a certificate are largely the same. When you submit the certificate in Lansweeper, there is an info bullet next to the input box with instructions on how to submit it.