cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeelyeIT
Engaged Sweeper
These two reports show 2 different total quantities, both are "Stock" reports. Help Please

Assets: All Printer assets (63)
Device: Printer status (57)

All 63 devices are listed as a printer as far as the Type

Please Advise.
3 REPLIES 3
pfrench1
Engaged Sweeper III
It has also been my experience that assets are sometimes mis-labeled when printers are involved. For instance, Ricoh printers will often register as a Switch and certain windows workstations will register as a printer.

I've been able to correct this occasional issue by simply doing a manual edit of the device in question.

We are a support company with over 50K assets in Lan Sweeper using 30 scanning servers tied to a SQL Server.

To make the aforementioned corrections only takes about 5 minutes per week.
SeelyeIT
Engaged Sweeper
I would buy that, except these are all brand new Kyocera Printers; just installed. Current count is 67, but Printer Status is only 58.

This is Lansweeper Support's Answer:
The first report will list all the assets that are of asset type printer. In your case there are 67 printers.

The second report 'Device: Printer status' will only show printers that have already printed pages. If a printer has not printed any pages then it will not appear in the report. You can see when you edit the report and look at the criteria for 'tblAsstCustom.Printedpages. It is set to 'Is Not Null', this means that a value must have been stored in the database for a printer, otherwise it will not be shown in the report.

This means that certain printers do not have a value stored for 'printedpages' and is why they are not appearing in the report.

ME: I image this would be the case as some document center are only used for Copying and Scanning, but I still need status info.
Steven_etv
Engaged Sweeper
Are you sure that LS can pull the Status of every Printer? Maybe LS discovered 63 printers, but can pull the Status only from 57 devices?