cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnFeist
Engaged Sweeper
I'm quite new to Lansweeper and work mostly in SQL Server, the back end. I need to create a query that incorporates Lansweeper data with that from several other internal systems.

I thought I could get the computer model from dbo.tblComputerSystem.model. In running spot checks it returned the data I needed. When I did the broader query, I found a number of rows where I just got NULL. When I went into the Lansweeper front end under Assets and put in the computer name where the query gave a NULL for model, it came back with the model.

So the question comes in two parts. First, where can I reliably find the model info and is there a more complete database documentation that documents the tsys tables as well as the views (a straight forward document would be fine).

Thank you for any information you can provide.

John
2 REPLIES 2
JohnFeist
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you Bart.E. That gives me what I need.
Bart_E
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
To list the asset model in your report we recommend using tblAssetCustom.Model. This field is automatically populated, but can be manually overwritten. We are working on an updated database dictionary as we speak in which we will document all new helpdesk tables. We do not plan on adding the system tables starting with tsys, though. These tables store important configuration settings we do not recommend altering. In case you want some additional information on which settings are stored in which tables we recommend sending an email to support@Lansweeper.com if not stored in our database dictionary.