cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper
I just upgraded my 5.3.0.33 to 6.0.22. After doing the upgrade, website came up and I was back up and running except that I do not see a deployment tab any longer. Is there a setting or option I need to enable?
5 REPLIES 5
Bart_E
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
To all our Lansweeper users:

The deployment features haven't been removed from our software, but our developers have identified a small bug that could explain the features being hidden from view. When you update from Lansweeper 5.3 to 6.0, we migrate your previous user role configuration, so any Active Directory groups you previously assigned user roles to still have the same permissions in 6.0. It appears the corresponding Deployment role in 6.0 doesn't include deployment permissions, though. Our new version we hope to release very soon will fix this issue.

In the meantime to quickly resolve this issue perform the steps below:

• Go to the User Roles section under Configuration\User Access & Roles.
  • Hit the pencil-shaped icon next to the role assigned to your individual user account.
  • Make sure the 'Access Deployment' permission is applied.

Role

• Restart your web browser to apply any permission changes. This is very important.

We apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused.
  • JasonT
    Engaged Sweeper
    Well guess I'm not the only one.

Checking the box didn't work for me, still no deployment tab. Wouldn't have upgraded from 5 knowing this (or just renewed).

Sure the addition of a help desk is nice. But deployment packages is really what got me to sign up and man I'm missing them right now.
    Dennis_B
    Engaged Sweeper
    We just went through this same thing.

Developers: Why wouldn't this option be turned on for the Deployment group? Makes no sense.
    mwrobo09
    Champion Sweeper
    I found that if I went into the User roles and edited the Deployment group and checked the box for deployment it came back.

Another thing I have found is I am unable to edit the User Roles with any groups or names.
    dpatrick
    Engaged Sweeper
    I'm in the same boat. I just upgraded to 6.0.0.22 and I can't find the deployment options anywhere.