cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bfreemannh
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Folks,

I added a custom asset action to start Dameware remote control. Works great in IE but in Chrome, I receive the lansweeper error box "The system cannot find the file specified". I do have the Lansweeper shell execute extension enabled in Chrome.
I am not sure what else I need to do.

Help much appreciated,
-Brad
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We've recently updated our Chrome extension components to resolve an issue with parsing spaces in certain cases in actions.

To install the latest Lansweeper extension components please do the following:
  • Go to Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application and delete the Lansweeper folder
  • Download the latest extension components from this link and execute the installer
  • Restart your browser

If you don't have the Lansweeper extension itself installed (you can check this at chrome://extensions), you can download it from the Google Web Store here.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We've recently updated our Chrome extension components to resolve an issue with parsing spaces in certain cases in actions.

To install the latest Lansweeper extension components please do the following:
  • Go to Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application and delete the Lansweeper folder
  • Download the latest extension components from this link and execute the installer
  • Restart your browser

If you don't have the Lansweeper extension itself installed (you can check this at chrome://extensions), you can download it from the Google Web Store here.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
I copied the files in my install directory to the lansweeper$ share and do this in the asset page:

{actionpath}\dameware\dwrcc.exe -c: -h -m:{computer}

Works for me in Chrome
Vancealot
Engaged Sweeper
It's an activeX issue. If you want it to work in Firefox or Chrome, you have to use the IE tab extension

or use

(PSTOOLS location)\psexec "(DameWare Location)\DWRCC.exe" -c: -h: -m:{computer} -a:1
AngusMacintosh
Engaged Sweeper
This is command we are using for Dameware: "C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\DameWare Mini Remote Control 10.0 x64\DWRCC.exe" -c: -h: -m:{computer} -a:1

It works in IE but not in Firefox or Chrome. If I use a command to launch Dameware from the Lansweeper server instead then that works but that is much too slow in some of our offices and the local would be preferred.
MakeBug
Champion Sweeper
Hello,

Can you post the exact command your action uses?
I used to have issues with my Dameware action as well. The main issue was that if you run an action in chrome it is exectued on your local command line with YOUR permissions. So if you have the files on your Lansweeper or any other server either ensure that you have access to the location or alter the command to use either runas or psexec.
bfreemannh
Engaged Sweeper
I am glad I am not the only one. Help is still needed
AngusMacintosh
Engaged Sweeper
I am having the same issue with Firefox and Chrome. It is working in IE but when you try to launch from Firefox or Chrome an error comes up saying "Lansweeper - Error" and in the box it says "File Not Found!".

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now