Hello !

I'm wondering what would be better:

a) Install Lansweeper Website and service in the same server

b) Install Lansweeper Database and service in the same server

Thanks to share your opinions
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DaveinJP
Engaged Sweeper III
Sometimes it's not performance; corporate security policies often state that web and SQL can't reside on the same box. Sometimes it is performance though. With more than 100k managed objects spread across a rather large network, we're dealing with almost 30 scanners and a dedicated database.

I like the database and webserver being separate. It's entirely possible to run a scanserver service in the background on both and get pretty good performance.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pfrench1
Engaged Sweeper III
We too have a multiple scanning server environment. We are a support company with over 50K assets in 10 different AD domains. All 26 servers add data to the same (separate) SQL Server. By using a multiple server environment we are able to better target and spread-load our scanning.
DaveinJP
Engaged Sweeper III
Sometimes it's not performance; corporate security policies often state that web and SQL can't reside on the same box. Sometimes it is performance though. With more than 100k managed objects spread across a rather large network, we're dealing with almost 30 scanners and a dedicated database.

I like the database and webserver being separate. It's entirely possible to run a scanserver service in the background on both and get pretty good performance.

servicedesk
Champion Sweeper II
DaveinJP wrote:

This is interesting, so we can improve x2 the scan time.
greg_hales
Engaged Sweeper II
Lansweeper doesn't really take too powerful of a server to run. I don't see a need to split the load between two servers. I have the database and web services running on the same server and have not come into any issues with it. been using Lansweeper for about 3 years now.