cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bnob
Engaged Sweeper
Currently using v 6019 and we have a lot of Dell printers. Each one that I've gone through and checked so far has had the wrong serial number. This is causing purchase date and warranty information to be wrong because the serial number is for equipment that isn't even a printer. Any ideas why the service tag isn't being scanned in the serial number field? The Dell computers that I've looked at all appear to have the correct information in the serial number field.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Network device serials are pulled from the SNMP protocol on the device itself. No other customers have reported this issue as far as I know, but I assume SNMP itself is providing incorrect data. This is something you can verify with the Devicetester.exe tool found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do if SNMP itself is providing incorrect data. You can manually override scanned serials though, by hitting the Edit Asset button on individual asset pages, and rescan warranties in the Configuration\Server Options section of the web console.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Network device serials are pulled from the SNMP protocol on the device itself. No other customers have reported this issue as far as I know, but I assume SNMP itself is providing incorrect data. This is something you can verify with the Devicetester.exe tool found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do if SNMP itself is providing incorrect data. You can manually override scanned serials though, by hitting the Edit Asset button on individual asset pages, and rescan warranties in the Configuration\Server Options section of the web console.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now