cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mspeight
Engaged Sweeper
Hi I am running version 6019 and have a few Asset groups set up for ip address ranges, a few of these are not working, once the subnet has been scanned the devices appear in Undefined group if I edit the address range and just save it, the assets appear correctly until the next scan is completed.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: there was a bug in the initial Lansweeper 6.0.0.19 production release that could cause IP locations not to update and assets to be marked as "undefined". If you haven't already, please do the following to resolve this issue:
  • Update to 6.0.0.22 by following these instructions.
  • Rescan your assets by clicking the Assets link at the top of the web console, ticking the upper checkbox and hitting the Rescan button on the left.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
FYI for everyone: there was a bug in the initial Lansweeper 6.0.0.19 production release that could cause IP locations not to update and assets to be marked as "undefined". If you haven't already, please do the following to resolve this issue:
  • Update to 6.0.0.22 by following these instructions.
  • Rescan your assets by clicking the Assets link at the top of the web console, ticking the upper checkbox and hitting the Rescan button on the left.
mspeight
Engaged Sweeper
This is very similar as to how I my ranges configured, I don't delete them though I edit and save and that resolves the problem for me until the next scan.
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
It could be possible you have overlapping IP ranges. Currently the Lansweeper service cannot add assets to an IP range if multiple ranges have been found. This will be fixed in the next update. However we do advise to check and remove any overlapping IP ranges.
bnob
Engaged Sweeper
Karel DS wrote:
It could be possible you have overlapping IP ranges. Currently the Lansweeper service cannot add assets to an IP range if multiple ranges have been found. This will be fixed in the next update. However we do advise to check and remove any overlapping IP ranges.

So with my setup currently it can't add assets because I'm using more than one IP range? I just checked and most of my assets have gone back to undefined again. I can go in and remove the range and re-add the range and things will be fine I guess until the next scan.

bnob
Engaged Sweeper
I'm seeing the same thing as well. I have been going in and deleting the IP asset group and then re-adding it each time I see more equipment in the undefined section.