cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
INNO-IT
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,

we are evaluating the helpdesk-system at the moment and tried to set one user as CC. The users doesn`t receive any mail with changes made to the selected ticket.
The user was never logged on to the helpdesk-system. Can you please help us to get this working. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
With some screenshots sent by a customer, we were able to reproduce this issue under one specific circumstance. If an agent creates a ticket for himself with another user in CC, the CC user does not receive public replies. Whether the CC user is added during or after the submission of the ticket does not seem to make a difference. We've reported this issue to our developers and this should be fixed in one of our next Lansweeper releases.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
With some screenshots sent by a customer, we were able to reproduce this issue under one specific circumstance. If an agent creates a ticket for himself with another user in CC, the CC user does not receive public replies. Whether the CC user is added during or after the submission of the ticket does not seem to make a difference. We've reported this issue to our developers and this should be fixed in one of our next Lansweeper releases.
Juha_Otava
Engaged Sweeper III
Just to add some information to this:

A user opened a ticket to which I later added users supervisor as CC User, then commented ticket asking for confirmation from supervisor. CC User got email and responded to my question. Worked like expected.
memxit
Engaged Sweeper III
Juha Otava wrote:
Just to add some information to this:

A user opened a ticket to which I later added users supervisor as CC User, then commented ticket asking for confirmation from supervisor. CC User got email and responded to my question. Worked like expected.

Yeah, that's what we're attempting to do, only seems to work when CC User was added during creation. I'll have to open a support ticket or something when I have time.
memxit
Engaged Sweeper III
I have the same problem, running the latest version.

When creating a ticket, specifying a CC User, it works as expected. That user receives e-mail updates.

If I create a new ticket without a CC User, then add a CC User after the ticket is created, the CC User received no e-mails.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I tested this and am unable to reproduce this issue. If I create a ticket and only add a CC user afterwards, the CC user does receive public replies for the ticket. I would recommend:
  • If you haven't already, updating to the latest Lansweeper release by following these instructions.
  • Double-checking that you are adding a CC user and not a subscriber. Go to Actions\Users\Add CC User.
  • Double-checking that your CC users have email addresses assigned to them. You can see their user details in the ticket, in the left pane.
  • Double-checking that you are sending public replies and not internal notes.
  • If the issue persists, contacting support@lansweeper.com so we can troubleshoot via email.
INNO-IT
Engaged Sweeper II
We added notes to the ticket. The CC-User was added after ticket creation. If we add the CC-User on ticket creation it`s working fine.

Same here:

http://www.lansweeper.com/Forum/yaf_postsm46235_Addind-CC-users-to-existent-ticket.aspx#post46235

Seems to be a bug.
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
By 'changes', do you mean adding notes or other changes? The ticket's user as well as its CC users should get an email if a note gets added. If you want to receive emails when other changes occur then you'll have to add email templates on the Configuration -> E-mail Settings page. If this doesn't seem to work as intended, and you've got the latest Lansweeper update installed, then please send a mail to support@lansweeper.com detailing what appears to go wrong.