cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcilmo
Engaged Sweeper II
What is the process for adding an Active Directory User Group as a Lansweeper user? Does Lansweeper have to SCAN Active Directory to obtain a all the user and user groups first? -Tony
14 REPLIES 14
oagtexas
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks. I found it now.
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
Once you know where it is it should be obvious, though it might indeed feel ever so slightly hidden at first. On the Configuration -> User Access & Roles page find the User Roles table. You'll see the column Windows Groups, and underneath it to the right an icon of a page with a green globe. Click this and you should get a popup which will allow you to add AD groups (and specific users) to the role.
tcilmo
Engaged Sweeper II
Hey Karel!

I upgraded to 6.0.22 and still do not see a way to add user rights by using and AD group. How are you supposed to be able to do this? I have not used previous version of Lansweeper, so I do not have the contextual knowledge from earlier versions.

-Tony
oagtexas
Engaged Sweeper III
Yeah, I looked around some more and either this feature did not make the 6.0.22 release or there's some obscure way of doing it that we haven't been told yet.
Matthew_Borcher
Engaged Sweeper
I have the same problem as tcilmo. I can add users, but not groups of users, to the roles for website access.

I'd like to add all domain administrators and a few other select groups. That would be a *LOT* easier than adding user by user, and it takes care of future user additions.

And, yes, I just updated to version 6.0.22 today.
oagtexas
Engaged Sweeper III
Should there be a fourth button for this? I still only see an "Add AD User" button which only shows single users. No groups are shown in the list.
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
6.0.0.22 was only semi-public last week, now it should be public.

Yes the ability to use AD groups/usernames for all website access purposes has been added in again due to popular demand. You can find this on the Configuration -> User Access & Roles page. You can now select from a list of scanned groups instead of having to manually add them. Keep in mind that if a user gets a permission due to being in an AD group he loses his individually assigned role as seen in the users table.
oagtexas
Engaged Sweeper III
Did 6.0.22 add back in the option to add AD user groups to the user permissions list? I don't use the Help Desk feature...this would only be for website access.
tcilmo
Engaged Sweeper II
Should this update be showing up in the Lansweeper Website? When I click check for updates, results say that everything is still current. It does not find update\version 6022.

-Tony

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now