cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpalija
Engaged Sweeper
We have done a migration to new Servers like described here: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/17/move-lansweeper-to-different-server.html

After that no scans are working. Trying to scan Windows machines we get error "No valid credentials found. Check encryption file".

There is no encryption file in key Folder like mentioned here: Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Key\Encryption.txt. The Folder is empty.

Installed Version: 6019

A Upgrade from 5.3.0.34 to 6.0.19 has been done before Migration. Everything worked well till Migration.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We strongly advise against deleting your encryption files, as this will actually decrease password security. You should copy 1 encryption file to all servers hosting a Lansweeper component instead. This knowledge base article explains what the encryption file is used for and how to resolve various encryption errors.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Chris1
Engaged Sweeper III
Susan A.

I just upgraded from 5334 to 6042. There is NO encryption key file located in the Key folder to copy to the Scanning servers.. \Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Key is empty..

Should I go ahead and follow the suggestion listed above ^^ from mpalija??
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We strongly advise against deleting your encryption files, as this will actually decrease password security. You should copy 1 encryption file to all servers hosting a Lansweeper component instead. This knowledge base article explains what the encryption file is used for and how to resolve various encryption errors.
greg_hales
Engaged Sweeper II
Interesting. Thanks for the solution. This may come in handy for myself or others one day.
mpalija
Engaged Sweeper
Yes, you are right. But this was not enough. I had to delete all credentials, stop Services, delete all existing encryption files on all Servers, start Services again and recreate credentials at the end.

Now it works fine.
greg_hales
Engaged Sweeper II
You may have to delete all of your scanning credentials and recreate them then remap them. It sounds like the encryption file that held those passwords did not transfer correctly.