cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II

Here is my TightVNC Install.. change "mypassword" in the PARAMATERS field to suit your needs. This sets both passwords, admin and logon password.

VALUE_OF_CONTROLPASSWORD=mypassword (is the one for connecting to PC)
VALUE_OF_VIEWONLYPASSWORD=mypassword (is the one for viewing only if you want to make different)
VALUE_OF_PASSWORD=mypassword (is the one for modifying settings.. aka admin password)

6 REPLIES 6
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
inside configuration you have to setup ACCESS CONTROL (TAB) and ADD IP Rules with "Query Local User" setting.

I believe so its how you use it. Also under "Query Settings" you setup timeout and default action to reject or accept the connection.

There might be a way to do that thru deployment as well as long there are parameters that can be passed over during deployment.
Michael_Murdoch
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks alot for the Installer!

Made an action for it too ( {actionpath}tvnviewer.exe {computer} )

One thing I would like to do, however, is be able for my users to be able to either reject or accept the connection.

Any ideas?
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
try executing the command manually from PC and see if you get same error

msiexec.exe /i "\\lgsbackup\sharename$\installers\tightvnc\tightvnc-2.8.8-setup-64bit.msi" /norestart /qn

it sounds like filename naming or read access permission issues... generally you want to give at least read permissions to whole share.
PaynePDX
Engaged Sweeper
Peter ----

Result: Deployment ended: This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package. Stop(Failure). Credential: (bcc\e137085). ShareCredential: (bcc\e137085).
Command: msiexec.exe /i "\\lgsbackup\DefaultPackageShare$\installers\tightvnc\tightvnc-2.8.8-setup-64bit.msi" /norestart /qn SET_USEVNCAUTHENTICATION=1 VALUE_OF_USEVNCAUTHENTICATION=1 SET_PASSWORD=1 VALUE_OF_PASSWORD=***** SET_VIEWONLYPASSWORD=1 VALUE_OF_VIEWONLYPASSWORD=******* SET_USECONTROLAUTHENTICATION=1 VALUE_OF_USECONTROLAUTHENTICATION=1 SET_CONTROLPASSWORD=1 VALUE_OF_CONTROLPASSWORD=******

This is the error im getting.

i have the VNC installer packages located in the lansweeper default package installer share folder, my deployment script in the scripts folder.

the install files are the ones downloaded from VNC, they are standard Windows installer package. do they need to be a different format?
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
yes we use it instead lansweeper build it solution. This install service on asset machine so its always available.
spallison
Engaged Sweeper III
do you use this instead of the remote control within lansweeper?

the one within which is useful, doesnt refresh and so have to keep pressing refresh