cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murpmic
Engaged Sweeper III
I purchased 30 SSD drives for computers. One went bad and I had to go get a copy of the invoice to send for warranty repair. I'd like to attach the invoice to the 30 devices as a mass change to the docs field. I don't see how I can do a mass change to this attach this pdf. How would I do that? Also hopefully all 30 are referencing one PDF vs my loading these individually which would mean 30 PDF's in the DB. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
There is no built-in functionality at the moment to link a document to multiple assets at once. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for it at this time. This is not something we can really provide instructions or support for, but you could upload the document to 1 asset and then insert the remaining links to the other assets directly in the tblAssetDocs database table. (This table only stores a reference to the file. The actual file is stored in the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\DOCS folder of your Lansweeper installation, not directly in the database.)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
There is no built-in functionality at the moment to link a document to multiple assets at once. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for it at this time. This is not something we can really provide instructions or support for, but you could upload the document to 1 asset and then insert the remaining links to the other assets directly in the tblAssetDocs database table. (This table only stores a reference to the file. The actual file is stored in the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Website\DOCS folder of your Lansweeper installation, not directly in the database.)