cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrogdorTheMan
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello Everyone! I've just started diving into LAN Sweeper over the last few weeks and I've gotten just about everything ironed out, but I noticed something weird today and I was hoping someone can explain why this happens.

My user's PCs used to have 3 monitors attached to them during their initial scan into LAN Sweeper, but over the past few days, my IT henchmen have been replacing them with larger dual monitor setups. So while I was looking at some of the assets and checking on their software licenses, I noticed that they were still showing 3 monitors despite showing last scanned today on a PC I know has 2 larger ones. I decided to re-scan it manually and the monitors finally updated.

Is there something extra that happens when you manually scan an asset vs the scheduled IP Range scan? Is there something I can do to automate this? I've got over 400 PCs out there and don't really look forward to the idea of manually re-scanning them all...

Thanks for the help guys! I'm loving this product, audit season is going to be a breeze!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The behavior you're describing can most likely be explained by the MONITOR wait time being set to 14 days by default. More information on wait times and how to modify them can be found here. Most scanning methods respect item wait times, but the Rescan buttons don't.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The behavior you're describing can most likely be explained by the MONITOR wait time being set to 14 days by default. More information on wait times and how to modify them can be found here. Most scanning methods respect item wait times, but the Rescan buttons don't.