cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Layla_Layla
Engaged Sweeper
Can we get a comprehensive list of which fields are searchable and any eccentricities associated with search. So far, through my google-fu, I have found that
Searchable fields include:
-Username
-Software name
-Computer name
-Device name
-Computer asset tag
-MAC address
-IP address
-Barcode
-Order Number
-SOME custom fields (Note: the first word in the custom field is searched, NOT THE SECOND WORD. Ex: Jane Doe in custom

field will return hits for only "Jane", not "Doe"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We don't have a knowledge base article on this yet, but we'll look into creating one. You've listed most fields that are searchable as far as I know. These are missing though:
  • Description
  • Domain
  • User and computer OU
  • SMBIOSAssetTag

For performance reasons, Lansweeper does perform a "begins with" search in many cases. You should be able to use % as a wildcard though, e.g. "%Doe". You can also "search" any database field by creating a basic report that lists all field values under Reports\Create New Report and then filtering the report results. (The search boxes in report results perform a "contains" search.)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We don't have a knowledge base article on this yet, but we'll look into creating one. You've listed most fields that are searchable as far as I know. These are missing though:
  • Description
  • Domain
  • User and computer OU
  • SMBIOSAssetTag

For performance reasons, Lansweeper does perform a "begins with" search in many cases. You should be able to use % as a wildcard though, e.g. "%Doe". You can also "search" any database field by creating a basic report that lists all field values under Reports\Create New Report and then filtering the report results. (The search boxes in report results perform a "contains" search.)